POSITION: Platform Support Analyst
REPORTS TO: AVP, Information Technology Platforms
WORK SCHEDULE: Standard business hours, Monday through Friday, with a willingness to monitor email and other systems during nonbusiness hours in case of a critical matter. Additional hours may be occasionally required in order to meet time- sensitive deliverables and deadlines.
JOB SUMMARY: A successful Platform Support Analyst applies knowledge of API to resolve technical issues while managing various lines of communication via email, phone and partner meetings. Demonstrated ability to support technical issues and provide solid communication skills, both oral and written in order to create structure between the support department and the development team. You will be answering questions and resolving issues related to Open*CP API for users, support agents, sales and product teams, engineers, and senior leadership to promote the efficient use of our platform and integrations. The Support Team is responsible for providing updates on issues requiring additional or advanced troubleshooting, or developer effort.
WORK LOCATION: 420 W. 4TH ST.
Dell Rapids, SD 57022 or Remote
CONTACT: Holley Durham, email@example.com
ABOUT US: Visit https://www.central-payments.com/our-story and https://www.fallsfintech.com
TRAVEL: Post-COVID travel is expected to average 1-2 trips per year, ranging from 1-2 nights/trip. If the candidate is remote, an additional 2-3 trips per year to and from Central Payments’ locations may be necessary.
- Strong listening, written, and oral communication skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- General understanding and comfort with APIs and integrations of independent systems.
- Critical thinking and problem solving approach
- Self-motivated, organized, and accountable
- Strong understanding of support best practices, processes, and workflows
- Acute attention to detail
- The desire to be part of, and contribute to, a team with a proven ability to work cross-functionally with designers, coders, integrators, and business teams
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results
- Ability to work with remote teams
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in technical support or related fields.
- Minimum of Two (2) years’ experience in technical support.
- Previous API experience and technical knowledge is desired.
- Zendesk (Tickets, Chat, Talk)
- Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence)
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- API documentation
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Resolve user issues efficiently by maintaining high levels of responsiveness, triaging tickets, and prioritizing issues across various Support channels
- Respond to and resolve reported issues in a timely manner using various Support channels.
- Determine and respond with best practices and alternative workflows for product and integration limitations and issues
- Maintain knowledge of new and existing features and integrations through deployment notes, documentation, and training
- Utilize internal processes for common Support Team responsibilities to ensure accuracy and efficiency
- Initiate escalation tickets to the development team for cases that need more extensive troubleshooting, code changes, or other developer attention
- Independently research reported issues using available resources and critical thinking to draw conclusions
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product Teams to resolve customer issues quickly and concisely
- Develop subject matter expertise with regards to the Open*CP platform, integrations, and internal tools and their uses by attending scheduled trainings and internal meetings, reviewing internal documentation, historical ticket interactions and Slack conversations, as well as dedicating time to learning API and technical languages and processes
- Communicate trending questions, issues, and product suggestions internally to leadership to catch issues early and improve the overall user experience
- Prioritize urgent and high priority user inquiries and communicate product feedback to stakeholders
- Provide support internally for API inquiries as well as ongoing API documentation training and coaching for frontline Support and Account Management teams
Tips if You are Contacted to Interview:
- We highly recommend that you take time to visit our website at central-payments.com and our LinkedIn company page. There are informational videos and links to podcasts under the “Our Story” tab that will help you understand our company, our values, and our approach to “Making Financial Experiences Better”.
- Central Payments’ primary business is establishing consumer deposit accounts, issuing incentive and rebate cards, and transferring/remitting funds via ACH and other means. Prepaid cards make up a significant portion of our business. If you are not familiar with prepaid cards, we recommend that you purchase a Visa, MasterCard or Discover-branded, general-purpose, reloadable prepaid card (not a gift card) at any retailer, load a small amount of money, register the account/activate the card, login to the account center online, and conduct transactions. While the card you purchase will likely not be issued by Central Payments, it will still help you understand the product in general, its features, and