POSITION: Fraud & Dispute Program Manager
REPORTS TO: Sr Manager, Platform Services
WORK SCHEDULE: Standard business hours, Monday through Friday, with a willingness to monitor email and other systems during nonbusiness hours in case of a critical matter.
JOB SUMMARY: The successful candidate will be an integral member of Central Payments’ Platform Services team, as an experienced Fraud and Dispute Program Manager. The individual will be responsible for the development, execution, and maintenance of strategies and policies that enable growth while managing risk across our product line. In addition, this individual should have significant experience and subject matter expertise in end-to-end fraud & dispute lifecycles and risk assessment.
WORK LOCATION: Combination of Central Payments Offices in Sioux Falls and Dell Rapids. Remote candidates will be considered, provided the candidate has experience effectively performing similar duties and responsibilities in a remote status, including managing people.
ABOUT US: Visit https://www.central-payments.com/our-story and https://www.fallsfintech.com
TRAVEL: If the candidate is remote, an additional 1-2 trips per month to and from Central Payments’ locations may be necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to challenge the status-quo and deliver results on ambiguous problems.
- Strong knowledge and ability to speak to fraud investigative techniques, draft fraud initiative requests, fraud loss forecasts and support teams annual planning needs.
- Applies in-depth disciplinary knowledge, contributing to the development of new techniques and the improvement of processes and work-flow.
- Extensive working knowledge and research experience of laws, rules and regulations applicable to financial services, banking, and payments, as it relates to fraud and prevention.
- Comfort with concepts and general workings of payment platforms, particularly as it relates to transaction processing, API connectivity between multiple unrelated systems, and data file transmission/secure file transfer concepts.
- Specific experience working with consumer protection laws and regulations, information security guidelines, and Regulation E and Z.
- Excellent judgement, analytical skills and decision making.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability and desire to build relationships with others, particularly with peers at partner and vendor companies.
- Hard working, well organized and able to manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressures.
- An inquisitive nature to help you learn about our business and to help find solutions as we grow as a company.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of five years of experience in fraud detection/investigation.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Lead integration efforts in collaboration with other support teams to onboard new platforms.
- Liaison between vendors and internal departments for program development and program management.
- Provide day to day direction, guidance, coaching at it relates to dispute monitoring, chargebacks and fraud losses.
- Act as the escalation point for issues between vendors and financial partners.
- Establish quality assurance process for dispute calls and processing as it relates to Regulation E.
- Implement best practice and continuous improvement initiatives to reduce fraud loss and improve recovery.
- Monitor and identify fraudulent risk trends to ensure minimal loss to the organization.
- Manage oversight of multiple processes including negative balance management.
- Solid writing experience, with ability to draft policy and procedures.
Tips if You are Contacted to Interview:
- We highly recommend that you take time to visit our website at central-payments.com and our LinkedIn company page. There are informational videos and links to podcasts under the “Our Story” tab that help you understand our company, our values, and our approach to “Making Financial Experiences Better”.
- Central Payments’ primary business is establishing consumer deposit accounts, issuing incentive and rebate cards, and transferring/remitting funds via ACH and other means. Prepaid cards make up a significant portion of our business. If you are not familiar with prepaid cards, we recommend that you purchase a Visa, MasterCard or Discover-branded, general-purpose, reloadable prepaid card (not a gift card) at any retailer, load a small amount of money, register the account/activate the card, login to the account center online, and conduct transactions. While the card you purchase will likely not be issued by Central Payments, it will still help you understand the product in general, its features, and